My title
How Coronavirus may affect your policy | Can I claim? Find out more

Ski Travel Insurance – why it matters

  • Published on

Going skiing is one of the most exhilarating and exciting pursuits you can do, and millions of people across the world go skiing every year. If you want to make sure you get the best out of your skiing experience, you need to make sure you are protected. There are so many factors to keep in mind when you want to plan a ski trip, and ski travel insurance is one of the most important things you need to sort out. 


Hitting the slopes can give you the escape you need from the stresses of day to day life, and a ski trip can really help transform your health, well-being, and enjoyment. You should never overlook the fact that ski travel insurance is an essential part of planning your trip today. These are some of the top reasons why you need to get travel insurance for your next ski trip right now. 


Peace of Mind

You need to have peace of mind whenever you are going to take a trip abroad, and there are a lot of things that play a role in this. Travel insurance is massively important because it is a wonderful way of being able to set your mind at ease and make sure you remove those worries as much as possible. Covering yourself in the event of accident, injuries, or unexpected scenarios is so important. You want to be able to have a wonderful travel experience, and insurance is a great way of being able to achieve this.


winter sports cover



Enjoy Your Trip 

Enjoying your ski trip is one of the best things you can do, and there are a lot of elements that play a part in taking things further. Skiing should be fun and enjoyable, and you need to make sure you sort out the right ski travel insurance so that you can just focus on enjoying your trip. This is something that you need to get sorted well in advance, so it is one less thing to worry about. You want to get the most enjoyment from your trip, and this is something that can play a big role in the process. 


Protect Yourself

Protecting yourself when you go skiing is important because accidents can happen. Indeed, statistics suggest that more than 30% of British skiers sustain some form of injury when they go skiing, and close to 20% of these are serious injuries. Now, this is generally to do with the potentially harsh weather conditions, as well as people combining skiing with alcohol. With close to 50% of people skiing with no insurance, they are leaving themselves open to problems if they have an accident. So, you are going to need to have ski travel insurance to protect yourself from the possibility of accidents or injuries as a skier. 


Due Diligence

You have to do your due diligence when you are going to take a skiing trip, and this is what makes ski insurance so important. You are going to need to ensure that you understand what this entails, as well as the figures that show why travel insurance is so important. For instance, it can cost as much as £2,500 for you to be airlifted to hospital if you are injured on the slopes. This is going to cost you a lot of money if you don’t have insurance to help you, so it is important to make sure you prepare and cover yourself with the right ski travel insurance as much as possible.


ski snowboard insurance


Prepare for the Unexpected

You have to prepare for the unexpected whenever you take any kind of holiday, but especially when you are hitting the ski slopes. Anything could happen, and you are going to need to prepare for scenarios that might be rare or unexpected. Things like theft and weather disruptions are going to impact your trip, and you need to have measures in place to deal with this. That is why you need to ensure that you have sorted out exactly the right insurance sorted out so you can deal with this right now. 


As you can see, there are a lot of things that play a part in helping the business improve. There are a lot of things that you need to keep in mind when you are going to secure travel insurance for your ski trip. Understanding the reasons why you need travel insurance is essential for helping make the most of your trip. This is a fantastic choice when it comes to making your ski trip better, and looking after yourself as much as possible.


Antony Connolly

Antony Connolly

Recent posts
Yoga and back problems

Back problems and travel insurance

Back problems can be a real pain and will affect most people...

Travelling with Arthritis

According to the NHS, there are around 10 million people in ...

Hypertension/High Blood Pressure

Travel insurance for high blood pressure. According to the N...

I was very impressed by the level of service.

They beat the competition by a country mile! Super happy and will most certainly be buying insurance with them again.

ERGO Customer - December 2019